Wednesday, October 28, 2009

002. Operation Beautiful

Part of my goal is to share awesome things I've come across in my journey. Operation Beautiful is certainly one of them.

I first saw the link for Operation Beautiful back in June on a Weekly Links blog over at The DailySpark. In July they did an interview with Caitlin who is the editor of Operation Beautiful. (She also runs the blog HealthyTippingPoint.) I always thought it was such an amazing, empowering idea, but I never actually participated...until today. This afternoon I posted my very first Operation Beautiful note. I hung it on the inside of the door in one of the bathroom stalls at work. I was planning to stick it on the mirror, but the cleaning lady was in there and I felt guilty putting a post-it on her freshly cleaned mirror.

I'd always meant to participate. I mean after all, how cool would it be to randomly come across a note like that - especially if you're having a bad day. It was just one of those things that I always talked/ thought about doing but never actually did. It was Caitlin's email with the link for the Pile on the Miles challenge that sprung me in to action. I read the email, and seeing the link at the bottom of her email made me think "Why not go do it right now?" and so I did it. I'm so happy I did.

Anyway, here's my note:
I can totally see how addictive this will become. I already want to start leaving notes everywhere! I've got a ton of post-it notes (I bought an economy sized pack at Sam's Club at some point I think.) so I think I'm going to buy some fun colored sharpies and start carrying them around with me so I can start leaving notes all over the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment