Wednesday, November 4, 2009

009. Girls on the Run

I just recently heard about the Girls on the Run organization (I saw an ad on a CTA bus actually.), and I am totally in love with it. I really want to volunteer as a coach, but right now it's not an option due to scheduling (and also winter in Chicago).

Girls on the Run is an afterschool program for girls ages 8 to 12 that combines 5K training with lessons in self-esteem and self-acceptance. As a feminist and someone constantly striving to live a healthy lifestyle, I think this is . Monday night I signed up to run the Girls on the Run 5K. Today Fit Bottomed Girls featured an article about the organization and an interview with the founder Molly Barker.

If you haven't already, you need to go to the site, read the article, and comment on it. For each comment left, FGB will donate $1 to GOTR up to $500. In addition, New Balance, who is a major sponsor of the GOTR 5K (and running shoe maker of my choice), will match the FBG donation and donate an additional $1 up to $500 for each comment.

So start your day by making a difference. Go comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment