Tuesday, December 8, 2009

026. Oatmeal Solutions

So I think I’ve solved my oatmeal problems. The solution is making it on the stove instead of in the microwave. It takes only a minute or two longer than trying to make it in the microwave, and since I had to stop the microwave every 30 seconds or so to prevent the oatmeal from exploding all over my microwave, cooking it on the stovetop might actually be a little faster!

This morning I made PBB&J oatmeal. (Picture to come when I get home from work)

Ingredients included:
½ c. oats
¾ c. vanilla soy milk
1 medium banana, mashed
1 T. peanut butter
1 T. Sorrell Ridge 100% Fruit Spread in Black Raspberry

I cooked the oatmeal, combined the other three ingredients in a bowl, and then added the oatmeal to the bowl when it was done cooking.

It was really delicious; like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich without the "sticking-to-the-roof-of-my-mouth" ickiness. Oatmeal is on of those foods that completely lacks visual appeal. I think I need to invest in some cute oatmeal bowls.

My other problem with oatmeal is the texture. I hate it. If I eat oatmeal too fast (like I did near the end of the bowl this morning), it makes me gag. I guess this isn’t such a bad thing since it forces me to slow down while eating.

1 comment:

  1. I saw your replied to my healthy tipping point post to I decided to check our your blog! Yay for Chi-town! I'm from the bottom of IL (currently living in MO), but a lot of my friends live up there. I'm jealous!

    Glad you figured out your oatmeal problems! It took me awhile to figure out the right amount of liquid to boil, its harder than it seems. ha!

    ReplyDelete