Wednesday, December 16, 2009

033. Holiday Dinners

As I mentioned earlier, tonight we had dinner with one of out agents. We write quite a bit of business with him, and my boss used to work with him at another company. We went to Tavern on Rush.

We started with the Seafood Combination for Two which, really was more like the Seafood Combination for 4, and some fried calamari. Everything one the platter was excellent. I'm not a huge fan of cold crab meat, but this was delish!

(I apologize in advance for the poor picture quality. I used my iPhone.)

For dinner I ordered the Seared Sesame Hawaiian Tuna. It was really delicious. Possibly the best seared tuna of any kind I've had in the Midwest! It was melt in your mouth which isn't something I've experienced since I was in California visiting Emily.

With appetizers and dinner I nursed a mango martini. This was one hell of a martini. I'm pretty certain it was 100% booze. I also had a glass of red wine - I don't know what kind as my boss ordered it.

I ordered the Chocolate Marble Tiramisu for dessert.

The two other women on my team ordered the Decadent Chocolate Bundt Cake and the Anna's Banana Cream Pie. We all shared the desserts, and let me tell you, they were all excellent! The banana cream pie had big slices of real banana in it.

The rest of my eats weren't anything to rave about. For breakfast I made oats with 1.5 T of pumpkin butter, a few shakes of pumpkin pie spice, and .5 T of peanut butter (for protein).

Lunch was even less fabulous. I ended up eating Easy Mac with a can of tuna mixed it. I also ended up eating at my desk.



I'm still feeling pretty buzzed from my drinks at the restaurant so I'm going to enjoy a glass of water and get to bed. Cheers!

I've got another long day ahead of me tomorrow. I'm going to see Rise Against at the House of Blues with a few friends!!! Rise Against is one of my favorite bands of all time, and I've been waiting forever to see them. Needless to say I'm pretty excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment